indoor herb garden - Knowledgebase Question

Hyattsville, Ma
Question by aze380
December 9, 2009
i am excited to start planting my thyme and mint that has been sitting in water. whats the best economic soil to use, and what about care? thanks. i live in the washington dc area. another question..i have dried seeds from bell peppers, can i plant those ? thanks

December 9, 2009

0

If your thyme and mint have developed roots you can plant them in potting soil. Miracle Gro is what I use but there are many brands on the market. Just moisten the potting soil, then fill the container (make sure there are drainage holes in the container) and then scoop out a little potting soil to make room for the roots. Set the roots into the hole, backfil with potting soil and firm the soil down around the roots with your fingers. Finish off by watering well to settle the soil.

You can plant pepper seeds that you've saved from a pepper but they may not come true to the parent. Peppers cross pollinate so you may get something completely different. Might be fun to try, though. Enjoy!

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Alteri Lily"