Roses - Knowledgebase Question

longwood, Fl
Question by oceanwaves
December 9, 2009
My rose bush does not bloom but once in a great while like once a year why, and it looks all spotty right now?

December 9, 2009

0

There are some roses that naturally bloom only once a year so what you are seeing might be normal for your rose. Other roses bloom all summer long. All roses bloom best in full sunshine, adequate moisture and regular feeding. Try feeding with a specialized rose food in amounts and with the frequency as suggested on the fertilizer label. Spots can indicate fungal or bacterial disease but your description isn't detailed enough for me to diagnose the problem. I think there's a good chance your rose will become healthier once you begin feeding and watering on a regular schedule. You can prune your rose bush back to remove the affected stems and foliage. Pruning will encourage lots of healthy new growth. Good luck with your rose bush.

Today's site banner is by krobra and is called "Lantana Dew Drops"