Additional Roses - Knowledgebase Question

Honolulu, Ha
Question by nalinac8
December 9, 2009
I plan to add more roses in my garden, because several of my roses are not dong well due to aphids infestation. What do you sugggest is a hardy and appropriate rose plant in my garden?

December 9, 2009

Aphids are always a problem with roses and your best defense is to hose them off with plain water as soon as you see them, or to use insecticidal soap to control the pests. Lots of roses do well in Hawaii. Some of the most disease resistant include Firefighter, Chrysler Imperial or Papa Meilland. Honey Perfume - A very pretty and clean apricot colored floribunda. Lady Mitchell - This one is cherry red hybrid tea. Mary Jean - A soft apricot hybrid tea. Midnight Blue - Small (1 inch) dark violet blooms with yellow stamens. Fragrant Keepsake and Wildfire.

Today's site banner is by joannakat and is called "Sweet Alyssum 2"