lawn. - Knowledgebase Question

trevose, Pe
Question by shawnbacchu
December 10, 2009
After using the winter guard fertilizer i notice weeds springing up in areas that did not have any. What can i possible do to control this problem. I sprayed weed-be -gon late november but it only slightly wider the broad leaf weeds and the little round left weeds that grows in clusters seem to be surviving. I will greatly appreciate if you could help me with this problem.

December 10, 2009

0

I wonder if what you are seeing is chick weed or clover? These can sometimes pop up in the winter time. Another weed that I have popping up in my yard this time of year is little bittercress. It likes to germinate in cool weather. Weed B Gon usually takes care of bittercress but chick weed and clover are tough to control because of their fleshy root systems (which store lots of energy for growth). The best approach for these weeds is a spring application of a specific clover and chickweed herbicide. Look for the names of these weeds on the package label. Until spring application time you can dig these weeds out, roots and all, to keep them from spreading. Wish I had more suggestions for you!

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Alteri Lily"