Raised Garden Beds - Knowledgebase Question

Ocean Pines, Ma
Question by kateandbud82
December 11, 2009
I have just completed building my raised beds with pressure treated wood. I asked one of your experts if I have a problem. The response was its ok if I don't plant root vegetables near the wood. What if I paint the wood - will that eliminate any problems and allow me more flexibility in design?

December 11, 2009

0

Sealing the wood will help keep chemicals from leaching into the soil, or you can line the wood with plastic and then fill the bed with soil. The plastic will form a barrier. You might do a web search on the type of treated wood you purchased to read about any cautions. There should be a label on the wood listing the treatment process and/or chemicals used on the wood, or at least the manufacturer of the wood. Their website should provide all the pertinent information. Hope you have a bountiful harvest.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Blanket Flower Amber Wheels"