Sorry, but I have a several part question - Knowledgebase Question

Kennesaw, Ge
Question by greenekj
December 12, 2009
I'm confused about whether pineapple sage and lavenders are an annual or a perennial. I'm keeping some cuttings alive hoping it's not futile. I saved tangerine seeds to plant this spring (in pots)and they have white fuzzy stuff on them. Are they safe to plant? How late in the year can I plant bulbs? I have crocus, daffodills, tulips and lily of the Valley roots I'd like to have for the spring.Thx

December 12, 2009

0

Actually, you have 3 questions! I'll answer each but next time, please submit your questions one subject at a time. This will help us keep our database easy to search. Thanks.

Pineapple sage and lavender are woody perennials and should come back year after. I'd keep the cuttings indoors over the winter months and plant them in their permanent spots in the garden next spring.

Tangerine seeds may have developed a fungal growth if they were not completely cleaned. You can probably rinse the fungus off and plant the seeds. It's worth the effort - I think they will sprout for you.

It is almost too late to plant your spring flowering bulbs. I'd get them into the ground as soon as possible so they will have enough time to develop roots before they flower and produce leaves.

Best wishes with your garden!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "