MAJEST PALM INDOOR CARE - Knowledgebase Question

Collinsville, Il
Question by tonyandbob26
December 14, 2009
Hi! I would like to know the adequate care for my 2 indoor Majesty Palms that I bought in the fall at Home Depot? What is the adequate amount of H2O to give them and any fertilizer during the Winter months? Is twice a week too much or once a week as I do not want to lose them? My home is an Atrium Ranch with windows of Southern exposure. They are not in direct sunlight. Thanks, Bob

December 14, 2009

0

Your new palms should be fine in bright light but no direct sunlight. Water when the top inch of soil dries out. It's difficult to predict just how often to water. Try sticking your finger into the soil prior to watering. If it is still moist an inch below the surface you won't need to water for another day or two. As the weather cools you probably won't need to water quite as often as when the plants are actively growing in the spring and summer months. In the spring you can feed with a water soluable fertilizer such as Miracle Gro. Plants in containers can suffer from root burn if you use a granular fertilizer but you can use the liquid as described above, or a slow release fertilizer such as Osmocote to provide the nutrients your palms require. Enjoy your palms!

Today's site banner is by krobra and is called "Lantana Dew Drops"