hyacinths-indoors - Knowledgebase Question

ST. PETERS, Mi
Question by jstreet766
December 15, 2009
i have a 10 started in my window...roots are heading to the water..and top is about 1/2 inch tall...to give these as gifts will they continue to bloom in water or should they be planted in a pot? any info to speed this as they are being counted as small gifts for xmas..Merry Christmas

December 15, 2009

0

They don't need to be transplanted into soil - they will grow and bloom as long as the roots are in water. Wish there was a way to time the bloom, but they have minds of their own and will bloom after they've had specific amounts of exposure to light and warm temperatures. If they don't bloom by Christmas you can simply attach a note to each one explaining that they will flower in January. I'm sure the recipients will be delighted with your gifts!

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Painted Fern"