Plants are dying - Knowledgebase Question

Question by nkayastha
December 21, 2009
Hello My Rubber Plant Burgundy is dying... leaves are turning whitish & falling. Also the same with my Poinsettia. Thanks Charu

December 21, 2009

If there is a white coating on the leaves that can be easily wiped off, your plants have probably developed a fungal disease called powdery mildew. Remove and destroy all infected plant parts then improve air circulation by adding a fan to the area. Be careful not to wet the leaves when you water, and don't fertilize your plants = powdery mildew favors young, succulent growth. You may be able to control the disease with fungicide applications. There are many fungicides available. Check the label to be sure they are safe and effective on the type of plant that is infected. Look for ingredients such as: potassium bicarbonate, neem oil, sulfur or copper. Be sure to follow label directions. Good luck with your plants!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Iris Dazzling"