Re: Red Hot Poker - Knowledgebase Question

Denison, Te
Question by myrebellion
December 23, 2009
Help! No matter where I put my Red Hot Poker, it never blooms. I've tried full sun, part sun, all to no avail. It has been in a pot for several years. Should I plant it instead?

December 23, 2009

0

Red Hot Poker needs full sunshine in order to flower and it has to reach a certain maturity before it is capable of flowering. Mine take about 3 years to bloom after planting. Yours should grow well in a container but might reward you with flowers if you plant it in the ground. Keep the soil barely moist and withhold fertilizer (if you have been feeding yours). Too much nitrogen can produce lots of new foliage but at the expense of blooms. Aside from lots of sunshine and lean soil, Red Hot Poker doesn't need a lot of care. Hope this information is helpul!

Today's site banner is by krobra and is called "Lantana Dew Drops"