compost bins - Knowledgebase Question

Middletown, Ma
Question by keben17
December 28, 2009
I have a top loading compost bin, but it is hard for me to turn the compost. Where can I get a compost bin that will turn, and are they a good investment?
Thanks for your help.
Christine

December 28, 2009

0

The best solution is to use a specialized compost aerator tool. It fits into the opening at the top of your compost bin and rotates to turn the materials within the bin. Compost aerators or compost turners are readily available and are quite efficient. If you want to replace your compost bin, check first with your local county waste management office. Quite often they will sell compost bins at a reduced price. Or, check with your local Cooperative Extension office. Master Gardeners and Master Composters (both volunteer organizations) should be able to help you locate a compost bin - or give you instructions on building your own. Compost bins are also available through mail order catalogs. Just Google "compost bins" and you'll find dozens and dozens of outfits selling all kinds of compost bins. Best wishes with your compost!

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Alteri Lily"