patio palm problems - Knowledgebase Question

Chicago, Il
Question by pawsglo
December 28, 2009
I have two patio palms I bought this summmer and they stayed beautiful and green until maybe a few weeks ago and then the leaves started to dry out and turn brown. I still have them in the same pots from my local store. Please help and let me know what I can do to save them. Thanks

December 28, 2009

I can't tell from your description whether the plants are indoors or out. If they are outside, cold weather can cause the browning; indoors, dry heated air can cause the fronds to dry out. Underwatering or overwatering can also cause those symptoms. The best way to care for palms is to provide bright light, keep them out of drafts from air conditioners or heaters, keep them away from doors that open to the outside, and water when the top of the soil dries out. Hope this information is helpful!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Lantana"