Making a fern grow - Knowledgebase Question

Name: Lil Thompson
Murrells Inlet, So
Question by lilandossie
December 31, 2009
Last year I purchased a palm at HD, and right now it looks pretty bad.
After I got the plant, I put it on my porch, and the wind blew too hard, and many of the fronds were damaged. It is not making new shoots, what can I do?
Lil from SC

December 31, 2009

0

Some types of palms are extremely slow growing and may only develop one or two fronds a year (sago palms are good examples). Other palms develop new fronds every few months throughout the year. Since we don't know what type of palm you are growing we can only assume that it should put out at least one new frond per year. I'd remove the dead fronds from the plant to make it look a little more attractive. Provide bright light, warm temperatures and keep the soil moist but not soggy wet for optimal growth. When the palm is happy in its environment, it will develop new fronds. Enjoy your garden!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Textures"