No shade yard - Knowledgebase Question

Grand Prairie, Te
Question by winotasta
I wish to plant a garden full of cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumbers, radishes and herbs. The only problem is where to put the garden. My back yard is practically in the sun all day and I am worried that the plants will burn up. Are there veggies out there that do really well in mostly sun lit areas?

0

All the veggies you mention will grow well in full sunshine, although mid-summer sun might be a bit too much for them. If you've had problems in the past with too much sun, you might try planting some annual vines on a temporary trellis to provide some shade for your plants. I plant scarlet runner beans on a temporary fence on the sunny side of my garden and they provide not only shade, but colorful flowers and edible beans, too. You might try doing this in your garden.

Today's site banner is by krobra and is called "Lantana Dew Drops"