Shrub to hide well cover - Knowledgebase Question

Franklinton, No
Question by cmoliver5
I'm looking for a good, hardy shrub to hide my well cover (concrete cylinder). Its a shaded area and the soil is not very good. Its clay based with grey sediment from drilling the well.

There are a number of tough but attractive shrubs for you to consider. Those that perform best in your gardening region include:

Abelia grandiflora (Glossy Abelia) has a moderate growth rate, grows in sun or shade, reaches 4-6' in height with a 3-5' spread. Tolerant of adverse conditions.

Aucuba japonica (Aucuba japonica) with a moderate growth rate; grows in shade and has an irregular upright growth habit; reaches 4-5' tall and 3-4' wide. 'Varigata' is a favorite for shaded areas.

Pieris floribunda (Mountain Andromeda) has a slow growth rate, does well in shade; grows 4-6' tall and 3-4' wide. Has an oval shape and is very cold hardy.

Pieris japonica (Japanese Andromeda) is a moderate to slow grower with a tight, upright habit in shade to part shade; reaches 4-6' tall and wide.

I hope one of these suggestions is just right for your landscape.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Peonies"