Peace Lily - Knowledgebase Question

miami, Fl
Question by joanfaichney
Hi, I bought a Peace lilly in November,which I have kept in my living room. For the past two weeks ALL the leaves are sagging to the floor although I have fed and watered it. How can I revive my plant?

0

Peace lilies wilt pathetically when the soil is allowed to get too dry. However, they perk back up within several hours after a through watering.

Peace lilies that do not perk up after they are watered or when the soil is already quite moist are peace lilies with dead or dying roots that are no longer able to absorb water for the plant.

At this point, you have nothing to lose by watering the soil thoroughly. Make sure the water is absorbed by the soil and not just passing around the outside of the rootball. After watering, the soil should feel soggy as far down as you can poke your finger.

If this does not cause the plant to perk up, then I am afraid it is a lost cause as the roots are damaged beyond recovery.

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Spinystar (Escobaria vivipara)"