Cordyline australis - Knowledgebase Question

Hampton, Ge
Question by hornecap1
In Georgia, how do you care for the Cordyline australis during the winter months. Will it come back since it's a perennial?

0

Cordyline australis is from Austrailia and is frost tender. You can cover your plant to protect it from cold weather (I make a cylinder out of chicken wire to place over my sensitive plants and fill it with shredded leaves, pine needles or other insulating material). You can give this a try. It may provide enough winter protection for your cordyline. Or, you can grow yours in containers with the plan to grow them outdoors in the spring and summer and indoors in the fall and winter months. Good luck with your cordyline.

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Spinystar (Escobaria vivipara)"