orchid care - Knowledgebase Question

Portland, Or
Question by jmarickatc
Hello, I have a couple of orchids that I have been given as gifts, and I was just wondering what I should do for maintanence and care?

Thank you for your help,

Joel

0

Orchids are some of the most popular and rewarding houseplants! There are many, many kinds, each with different requirements, but here are some general care tips for orchids: They like daytime temperatures of about 70F degrees in the summer, 60F in the winter, and a drop of ten degrees at night. Cool nights are important. Give them bright light, 10-15 hours each day. Supplement with artificial light in the winter time if necessary. Keep the potting medium moist, but reduce the frequency of watering during the winter months. Mist the leaves occasionally. Keep them out of drafts and shade them from direct sunshine. Enjoy your new orchids!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "