frost bitten tropicals - Knowledgebase Question

palm bay, Fl
Question by james_simmon4
how should I care for my tropical plants and palms after a frost here in south florida? Remove or not the damaged frawns and leaes? Fertilize?

At this point, no action is the best action. Your plants were stressed by the frost and they need time to recover. Pruning them back now will just add more insult to injury. Although they don't look very attractive, give them a few weeks to recover and regain their strength. If they are going to develop new growth, they will do so when they are ready. After new growth begins you can prune away the winter damage and feed them. If no new growth appears within the next 4-6 weeks, the plants will probably not recover and will need to be replaced. Best wishes with your plants!

Today's site banner is by joannakat and is called "Sweet Alyssum 2"