Moving/Transplanting Euryops? - Knowledgebase Question

Ontario, Ca
Question by christinegor
Hi,
In late last summer, I planted euryops in my backyard in hope for them to grow into a hedge for landscaping purposes. They are doing very well with no problems so far. Howver, I feel that i have planted them too close together (roghly 1.5 to 2 feet apart). Is this too close? If so, is it possible to dig up every other one, without harm, in order to space them further apart?

0

Euryops grows about 3' tall and wide - mine grow nearly 4' wide - so I think your's are just a little too close. You should be able to dig and transplant every other one without compromising the health of your plants. Start by thoroughly wetting the soil the day before the move (damp soil is easier to dig and holds together better so the roots of the plants won't be damaged). Now is a good time to dig and transplant because they are not actively growing and the weather is cool. Be sure to water them well after replanting and water regularly until they are all settled in. Best wishes with the move!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "