I need to repair my garden Please help - Knowledgebase Question

Aptos, Ca
Question by Solekas2
My garden and all the automatic watering system was damaged because a container wall that collapsed, everything is a mess. Now the weed is everywhere...I'm overwhelm.I do not know where to start from. i know very little about gardening. When we bouht this house with my husbund the garden was beatiful and we just had to manteing it, but now....what should we do. We cant afford to spend to much mone

0

Sounds like you have a lot of work ahead of you! Having a sprinkler system is convenient, but it isn't absolutely necessary so if you can't afford to fix it or have it fixed, you can still have a nice garden - if you get into the routine of watering on a regular basis. I'd start by removing all the debris from the collapsed wall and all the weeds, too. This will involve some physical labor but you can repair the wall and reclaim your landscape if you work at it. Just start on one side of the garden and work your way through. Weed control can be done by hand pulling, hoeing, or resorting to chemicals. Once the weeds are gone you can replant your flowers and shrubs. You'll need to water once or twice a week depending upon weather. I think you'll just have to decide which project to do first. Maybe you can invite friends or relatives over to help with the projects. I hope so! Good luck with your yard!

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Autumn Colour"