fertilizer dumb cane tropic snow - Knowledgebase Question

Columbia, So
Question by ebonyjwoods
What is the best fertilizer for a dumb cane tropic snow?how hard is it to revive it? My 1st plant. Pulled and cut some brown spots off the cane. Now those spots turning black. Leaves are growing back

0

You can use any houseplant fertilizer for your dumb cane. I use Miracle Gro and dilute it by one half, then feed every 3-4 weeks. This way my houseplants get the nutrients they need but there's no chance of over fertiliing and burning the roots. I'm not sure what might be causing the brown spots one the cane. Fungal and bacterial diseases can cause spots such as these, but so can an injury. If you cut the brown spots off the cane, the black spots may be that the cane is developing a disease because of the open wounds. Some plants naturally develop brown spots - hydrangea is an example - or the spots may actually be scale insects. These little pests look like bumps and they can often be pryed off (use your fingernail) or they can be dabbed with a Q-Tip dipped in rubbing alcohol. If the brown spots reoccur, try dabbing or prying rather than cutting them off. Best wishes with your plant.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "