Voles-Reliving Caddyshack! - Knowledgebase Question

Wichita, Ka
Question by roverman59
I have a terrible problem with voles. My backyard is basically dirt now that they've taken over and they're moving into my front yard. I've tried so many things to get rid of these. I have two dogs so I have to be careful with what I use. Any suggestions? I want to plant a garden this spring but they eat much of what I plant. HELP!

I wish there were an easy solution, but trapping is about the only thing a homeower can do. There are toxic fumigants and baits but they are only available to certified pesticide applicators. You can contact your local Cooperative Extension to see if they have any other suggestions. Or, you can read Cornell University's publication on Vole control for more ideas: http://wildlifecontrol.info/pu...

Hope this information helps!

Today's site banner is by dirtdorphins and is called "prickly pads"