hill side planting in southern california - Knowledgebase Question

Anaheim, CA
Question by slcjcc
What is considered a good ground cover for a back yard slope in the rear of the yard. 90' wide by 50 long. the slope is about 30 degrees. I planted red apple but it only started growing in three sections.

0

Red Apple is one of my favorite ground covers so I'm sorry it's not working out for you. Pink Panda Strawberry, Lantana, Acacia redolens, Helianthemum nummularium (Sunrose), Gazania, Dwarf Rosemary, and prostrate bougainvillea will grow on a slope for you. Get them off to a good start by first amending the planting bed so the roots can become established quickly and build half moon watering basins on the downside of the slope to collect water while the plants are new. The indentations in the soil will eventually erode away, but until they do they will collect water, which will help the plants become well established. Best wishes with your slope!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "