orchids - Knowledgebase Question

aurora, Co
Question by driftingonad
hello,
i am a beginer in plant care and recently bougt an orchid from you guys. I replanted and it was in dire need of it. It didnt wanderfully unitl recently, the buds are starting to mope and i cant figure out why. i was only watering once a week due to what a website said. and i gave it orchid food i bought from homedepot. can you please help me figure out what is wrong with my orchid? Thank

0

I suspect that transplanting your new orchid stressed it and it may take a little while for it to recover. Orchids grow best when the roots are crowded - they usually need to be replanted only every 3-4 years. Orchids are some of the most popular and rewarding houseplants! There are many, many kinds, each with different requirements, but here are some general care tips for orchids: They like daytime temperatures of about 70F degrees in the summer, 60F in the winter, and a drop of ten degrees at night. Cool nights are important. Give them bright light, 10-15 hours each day. Supplement with artificial light in the winter time if necessary. Keep the potting medium moist, but reduce the frequency of watering during the winter months. Mist the leaves occasionally. Keep them out of drafts and shade them from direct sunshine. Enjoy your new orchid!

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Blanket Flower Amber Wheels"