Tulip Bulbs - Knowledgebase Question

Name: Rebecca Shiffer
Denville, Ne
Question by rebeccashif
I didn't get a chance to get my tulip bulbs in the ground before winter and now the ground is too hard to plant. What do I need to do with them so that they will be usable next year?

0

In order for your tulip bulbs to survive, they'll need to be planted right away. If you can't get them into the ground, plant them in containers and set them outdoors. They need a winter chill in order to grow and bloom. Use containers with adequate drainage holes and fill them with potting soil. Plant the bulbs 2-3 inches below the surface of the soil and water them in well. They should sprout this spring. Allow the foliage to die back naturally, then dig the bulbs and either replant them in your garden or store them for planting in the fall. Best wishes with your tulips!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "