Yellow Holly Leaves - Knowledgebase Question

Lithia Springs, Ge
Question by erinoneil
I have holly bushes that our builder planted in front and on the side of our house. The plants on the side are nice and green, but the plants along the front look healthy enough, but the leaves are yellow-green. They are all the same type of holly and all have red berries right now. Can you tell me what nutrient the yellow plants might need?

I wonder if there was enough concrete debris left in the soil near the front of your house to change the soil ph? Hollies grow best in slightly acid soil and construction debris might have made the soil too alkaline. Only a soil test will give you the right information. In the meantime, you might try lowering the soil pH with an application of sulfur or of iron if your soil indicates a high pH. Or you can feed with a product especially formulated for acid loving plants. Pro Holly or Hollytone are examples of such products. Either should help your hollies green up.

Today's site banner is by dirtdorphins and is called "prickly pads"