Poinsettia Planting - Knowledgebase Question

DeLand, Fl
Question by joantsnedden
What do I do with the potted poinsettias. They are dropping their leaves and flowers. I know I can put them in the ground, but where...sun or shade? we live in Central Florida.
Thank you,
Joan Snedden

0

You can plant them outdoors. Here's the process: Throughout the winter, keep the plant somewhat dry and do not fertilize until the weather warms in the spring. After the weather has begun to warm, cut off the fading bracts, leaving 4-6 inches of the stem on each branch. Begin fertilizing with a well-balanced fertilizer. Move the plant outdoors to a partly shady situation. Eventually you'll want to place your poinsettia in a full-sun location, but give the plant a week or two to adjust to both temperatures and brighter light levels before doing so. Once planted, your poinsettia will develop new growth.

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Inimitable Ice Plant"