Stickers in back yard - Knowledgebase Question

Dallas, Te
Question by delgan5636
There have been stickers in my Grandmothers yard since I was a child. I own the house now and want to get rid of them. They are very sharp thus painful when trying to pull them off plant legs, socks, etc. Seems like weeds are already beginning to get out of control. What can I do besides digging up the entire lawn?

To control sandbur weeds, apply a pre-emergent herbicide such as Scott?s Halts before the weeds have a chance to germinate in the spring. Germination dates can vary, so applications in late February or early March would be safe. A second pre-emergent application 60 days after the first will help extend control into late summer. Spray sandburs not controlled by the pre-emergent herbicide with MSMA (such as Green Light crabgrass killer with MSMA). Used according to label directions, it is safe to use on your agrass. Best wishes with your lawn!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Iris Dazzling"