Texas Sage - Knowledgebase Question

Austin, Te
Question by annieschiltz
my Texas sage shbrub has an area where the leaves were looking different, larger and saggy. When the frost hit, just this area died. I have two shrubs and they both seem to have problem

0

It's difficult for me to tell without looking at the shrub. I suspect that the larger leaves are newer and are being produced from a vigorous new stem. New growth is always frost tender until it matures or hardens off. If only the larger leaves were affected by the weather, it's likely this is the cause. You might want to trace the stems and branches down to where they originate at the base of the plant. I imagine you'll discover a brand new branch that's larger than the rest. There's not much you can do to control this type of growth other than to prune it off at the base of the plant whenever you discover it. The rest of the shrub will fill in the void as it grows this spring. Wish I had more insight to share!

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Spinystar (Escobaria vivipara)"