clematis - Knowledgebase Question

Buffalo, Ne
Question by jwiat
Do clematis have seed pods? I have a blue clematis that has flowers that turn into fine green clusters after blooming. Today I looked at the plant and saw that at the end of each stem there was a heart shaped seed pod(?) When I pulled the cluster off the stems separated and they looked like little tadpoles. Is that what they could be? I decided to pot them up with 4-5 seed per pot.

0

Clematis flowers develop into seed heads that are grey fluffy balls. As you've discovered, you can extract the seeds from the seedheads and you can plant them. They take a few months to germinate but will eventually sprout and grow and you will be about to plant them in your garden when they are strong little seedlings. I wish you success with your seed starting project. Enjoy!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "