Cotainer Gardening Phoenix, AZ - Knowledgebase Question

Buckeye, Ar
Question by tofufingers
Hi, I live in the Phoenix area and want to grow vegetables in containers. I am open to growing any of the following: kale, spinach, carrots, bell peppers, chile peppers, tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, beets, cucumbers... What are the best times of the year to begin growing any of these? Also, please let me know what size pots you'd recommend for each. Thank you!

0

There are two growing seasons in the Phoenix area: February and October. You can plant warm season veggies in February (tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers) and cool season veggies in October (kale, spinach, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower beets). Each plant should have its own container and one that's 18" deep is best for tomatoes; 12-14" deep for the others. Use potting soil rather than garden soil to fill the pots. Leafy veggies such as lettuce, cucumbers, beets, broccoli and cauliflower will grow in morning sun/afternoon shade. The others need full sunshine. Hope you have a great harvest!

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"