St. Agustine grass - Floratam - Knowledgebase Question

Brownsville, Te
Question by lunasand123
i installed a sprinkler system. We used a trencher to put in the pipes. I noticed that in those places there is weads and grabgrass growing. In addition there is some places that there is bald spots. Is it recommended to add some dirt to those places. or do I just wait for the grass to grow. Places look like a straight line 6 inches wide. Is any weed killer with altrazine good for my lawn

0

Sounds like the soil has settled over the trenches. I think I would remove the grass and weeds, fill in the low spots, then set some sprigs or plugs of St. Augustine from a healthy part of your lawn. To keep weeds from sprouting, use a corn gluten based pre emergent herbicide. St. Augustine is quite sensitive to the chemicals in weed killers so choose one that specifically lists St. Augustine as safe. Best wishes with your lawn.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Alteri Lily"