Burgundy Sunflowers - Knowledgebase Question

Toledo, OH
Question by eslou
I have ordered thru the mail from Burbee and this spring I bought a packet of Burbee Fun 'n Sun hybrid sunflower mix at a local retailer. Most seeds didn't germinate but one that did was a gorgeous burgundy (yellow edged) sunflower. Can I get seeds from Burbee for that sunflower? I fell in love with it.

0

From your description it sounds like "Sunset" which is described in the Burpee catalog for this year as a rich mahogany, with gold-tipped petals on 6 inch blooms; 3 foot plants. You might wish to order the upcoming Burpee catalogs for easy reference next spring; you can do that through the Burpee web site (www.burpee.com) or by calling 800--888-1447. Burpee can also take orders and give you up to the minute availability information on the telephone.