water bamboo plant - Knowledgebase Question

Ridley Park, Pe
Question by turnerclassi
I have a bamboo plant that grows in water. Its turning starting to turn yellow. I started fertilizing it and the yellowing stopped. about a week ago, it began to turn yellow again. am i over fertilizing

0

Yellowing is not a good sign! This plant really only tolerates indirect light, and yellowing can be a sign of too much light reaching it. So, the lighting is one thing to check. Next, this plant really seems to object to fertilizer salts and other minerals in the water so the yellowing could also be related to that. I would suggest using rain water for it if you can and do not fertilize it. If rainwater isn't available, use bottled water rather than tap water. Change the water and clean the vase frequently so it does not sour. You may be able to save it if you can rinse the underwater part of the plant in a solution of bleach and water -- one part ordinary chlorine bleach to nine parts water. Rinse it off and also rinse out the container with the bleach/water solution. Wipe the container dry, then refill with bottled or rain water. This should help stop thet problem from recurring. Good luck with your lucky bamboo!

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Autumn Colour"