Fertilizer - Knowledgebase Question

Austin, Te
Question by chrisvotaw
Hello everyone. My name is Chris and I a new home owner and thus yard owner. I have a few questions about this and fertilizer. At the end of last year. my grass started having bronw spots show up. It quickly and I mean quickly psread throughout my yard. Before I could get anything down on it the grass went dormant for the year. I am wondering when I should put down my first fertilizer?

0

March is a good time to begin your fertilizer routine for the year. Brown spots, especially something spreading, can indicate a fungal disease or an insect problem. You won't know until diseases and insects are active, which will be in the spring so keep an eye out for similar problems in the coming months. If any appear you might want to take a turf sample to your local cooperative extension office for diagnosis. They can quickly spot disease pathogens or insect activity. Take your turf sample, along with the roots and some of the soil to Travis County AgriLife Extension 1600B Smith Rd Austin, Texas 78721. Good luck with your new landscape!

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Tithonia diversifolia"