Holiday Avocado Tree Size - Knowledgebase Question

Chino Hills, Ca
Question by ucla92purcha
I recently bought a few Holiday avocados at HD. I was expecting that they'd be dwarf (approx 15'). But, when I got them home I noticed the tag says that they grow to 35'. Is there a non-dwarf version of Holiday or is this possibly a misprint?

All my research indicates that Holiday Avocado is a dwarf variety only growing to about 10 to 12 feet tall. This dwarf avocado variety bears August to January, and is hardy to only 30??s, so be sure to move the container to a more protected spot if frost is predicted, or create a cold frame over the tree if planted in the ground. The Holiday bears large, 15 to 30 oz fruit with excellent flavor. The avocados hold well on the tree making for a prolonged harvest period, roughly from Labor Day to New Years.

Today's site banner is by wildflowers and is called "Japanese Spirea"