fast growing tress - Knowledgebase Question

Question by maestras
Help. My new neighbors have parked their 20' travel trailer in the side yard next to my house. It is against the covenants, but we have no HOA and I have no recourse. I need to hide this with trees or shrubs? Can you suggest something? I hope to move soon. I live in NW Fl.

How disappointing for you! While there are some fast growing trees and shrubs, I think a fast growing vine might be a better answer, especially if you can construct a trellis along the property line. If so, Bignonia capreolata (Cross Vine) is a Florida native and climbs readily. It is evergreen so it will provide screening year around. Campsis radicans (Trumpet Creeper) is another evergreen, fast growing native vine. If you'd rather plant shrubs, Buddleja davidii (butterfly bush) grows about 12' tall; Photinea x fraseri (red tip photinia) reaches about 15' at maturity; Ricinus communis (caster bean) can reach 40' tall. Fast growing trees include Green Ash, Water Oak, Sweet Gum and Syacamore. Hope these suggestions are helpful.

Today's site banner is by joannakat and is called "Sweet Alyssum 2"