Majesty Palm - Knowledgebase Question

Dorchester, Ma
Question by mrmarcush
I have just purchase a majesty palm tree for my home. I have had it for a 3 weeks now.but now the leaves are turning brown. What am i doing wrong? please help

0

Overwatering is the usual cause for brown leaves. Generally speaking, all palms will respond to the following care: Average warmth, minimum 50F degrees in the winter. Winter nighttime temperatures should not exceed 60F. Palms should be kept out of direct sunshine; most thrive in low light conditions. Palms need fast draining soil and like slightly moist conditions in the winter; water liberally in the spring and summer. Mist the leaves in the winter if the humidity in the house is low. Avoid drafts. Repot only when the plant is thoroughly pot-bound; palms don't like to be disturbed. When you do repot, compact the soil around the rootball. Try to improve each condition and I think your palm will respond favorably. Enjoy your majestic new palm!

Today's site banner is by krobra and is called "Lantana Dew Drops"