Sarah Bernhardt Peony - Knowledgebase Question

Escondido, Ca
Question by joannevsulli
I bought some Mixed and Sarah Bernhardt Peonies from your store in Encinitas CA but everywhere I've read they cannot grow in Southern California. Please confirm this or is my information incorrect?

0

Some peonies have a pronounced winter chill requirement in order to bloom well but there are some that have a low chilling requirement and do well in the south and in southern California. Sarah Berndardt is a low chill peony and should grow well in your garden. Others you might consider adding include: 'Kansas' a red double; 'Miss America' white; 'Moonstone' a blush double; 'Sword Dance' outstanding red of Japanese form; 'Big Ben', 'Bowl of Beauty', 'Carol', 'Dawn Pink', 'Kelway's Glorious', 'Lady Alexander Duff', 'Mt St Helen' and 'Picotee'.

Enjoy your peonies!

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Alteri Lily"