norfolk island pine; jade plant - Knowledgebase Question

Question by weinberg69
I am going to be gone 2 1/2 wks. The temperature will be set on 60 deg.
1. Can I set my pines (4

Your jade plants will root in moistened sand or cactus mix. It should be able to go without water for 2 1/2 weeks if you water it well before you leave. I wouldn't set the pines in water. The soil will remain too wet and the roots will suffocate. The pots are really small so they'll be hard to keep moist. If possible, transplant them all into a much larger pot and then up-end a bottle of water and sink it into the potting soil. As the soil begins to dry, water will be wicked from the bottle, keeping the potting soil evenly moist. You can keep the pines all together in the larger pot until they develop good root systems are are mature enough to plant outdoors or into one gallon pots of their own. Best wishes with your plants!

Today's site banner is by dirtdorphins and is called "prickly pads"