hosta varieties - Knowledgebase Question

Milford, De
Question by karene290
I would like to do a bed of hostas and vivid foliage but our new home is full sun. Are there sun varieties?

0

A number of golden hostas with the word "sun" in their names such as "Sun Power" and "Sun Flare" seem to tolerate sun better and "Sum and Substance" is said to tolerate full sun; H. plantaginea is also tolerant of at least a 3/4 day of sun. Others to consider include 'August Moon', undulata Albo-marginata', 'Sun Power', 'Invincible', 'Royal Standard', 'Honeybells', 'Peal Lake', 'Francee', lancifolia. It is also possible to create shade, for example by planting flowering shrubs and trees or even erecting an arbor, lattice or trellis panels covered with a flowering vine. I hope this gives you some ideas so you can truly enjoy lots of different kinds of hostas.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Alteri Lily"