shrews vs. Great danes - Knowledgebase Question

Lake Wales, Fl
Question by wigglerfl
Our back yard has been taken over by either shrews or voles (I can't tell the difference). The cats kill them and bring them inside. But, my BIG problem is my Great Danes find their tunnels and are digging up the back yard chasing the rodents through their tunnels.Now we are getting

I wish I had an easy solution, but with cats and a Great Dane in the yard, it's going to be a difficult situation. Both shrews and voles can be controlled with mouse traps baited with either bacon or peanut butter. You may need to use the types of mouse traps that are enclosed in their own housings so your cats and dogs cannot access the traps. There may be other control methods - why not contact your local cooperative extension office for their ideas? Here's the address: Lake County Extension, 1951 Woodlea Road, Tavares, FL 32778 Phone: (352) 343-4101.

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Dan Bachman 2006 seedlings"