Organic insectacide - Knowledgebase Question

Jacksonville, Fl
Question by lawpatricia
I would lik a recepie for an organic incectacide to keep the munchie munchies out of my vetgtable gardens and the Aphids & white flies out of my fruit trees.Make my own?

0

I hesitate to suggest homemade concoctions because they can sometimes be harmful to some plants. But when thinking about organic products, Permethrin is the oldest, and most common, of the pyrethroid insecticides. It is widely available and is sold under a large number of different brand names (Martin?s Vegetables Plus, Bonide Eight Vegetable, Fruit & Flower, and Hi-Yield Garden, Pet & Livestock Insect Control are three examples). Permethrin is labeled for use on many different vegetable crops and is effective against many beetle, bug, and caterpillar pests. Because it controls so many different insect pests and is labeled for use on most vegetables, this is probably one of the most useful insecticides for home vegetable gardeners to keep on hand. Neem Oil ? Bioneem by Safer; Bon-Neem by Bonide are effective, least toxic solutions to garden pests. Be sure to follow label directions. Good luck with your garden!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Crocosmia 'Lucifer'"