Get rid of the lawn - Knowledgebase Question

Jacksonville, Fl
Question by lawpatricia
I would like to begin to eliminate my lawn & replace it with native Florida foliage to reattract the bees etc. If I can eat it it's even better. Need advice on which plants are recommended for such a project. I would like to be able to walk through without worry of snakes.

0

There's no guarantee about the snakes, but here's an interactive website where you can describe the garden spot (sun/shade/etc.) and the size/color/shape of the plant you'd like to see there, along with your desire for flowers/fruits, colors and season of bloom. I think you'll have a great time designing your edible landscape with the native plant database. You can even print out a copy when you're finished. Here's the web page; http://www.floridayards.org/fy...

Enjoy your new landscape!

Today's site banner is by krobra and is called "Lantana Dew Drops"