Hide a neighbors tin fence - Knowledgebase Question

Kapaa, Ha
Question by ruthmontalb
I live in Kauai. Our neighbor put up a corregated tin fence that is very hap-hazard and falling down. It is 4 to 5 ft tall. Not only that, but his trees hanging over our property are filled with invasive vines that constantly grow all over our plants. What can I plant to cover up the fence (it's semi-shady) maybe fast growing hedges? Can I do anything about the invasive vine because he won't?

0

Marsdenia Floribunda (Stephanotis Vine), Argyreia "Baby Woodrose Vine" (Pilikai),
Impomea Horsfalliae (Prince Kuhio Vine), Thunbergia Mysorensis and Antigonon Leptopus (Coral Vine) are all good choices for a partially sunny spot. Any of these will provide the screening you want. There's not much you can do about the invasive vine from your neighbor's yard other than to prune it back each time it grows into your yard. You can't legally kill the vine by painting the pruned areas with a vegetation killer such as Round Up, although I'd be inclined to suggest your neighbor do this after cutting the vine down to ground level this spring. Wish I had more suggestions to share. Good luck with your landscape.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Blanket Flower Amber Wheels"