Gardenias - Knowledgebase Question

Harlem, Ge
Question by jeb107
I would like to know what to do about the growth of gardenias. I have had 3 yrs. and they are not growing well?? Please help me.
Thanks for your help.

0

If your gardenias are not growing, they aren't happy in their current location, or they need to be fed. They like acidic soils that are get moist but not wet and they should be fed every 4-6 weeks during the growing season. Select a fertilizer formulated for acid-loving plants and apply in amounts as recommended on the label. Camellias, azaleas and rhododendrons are acid-loving plants so use a product such as those, or feed with Miracle Gro. If feeding doesn't bring the desired results you may want to transplant your gardenia this fall. Find a spot with morning sun and afternoon shade, or one with filtered sunlight all day long. I think you'll see a big difference once it's happy. Enjoy your beautiful plant!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Crocosmia 'Lucifer'"