Spring Lawn Treatment - Knowledgebase Question

Flemington, Ne
Question by linspiegel
I need advice on timing the following applications for this coming spring for my lawn in central NJ. I noticed grubs in the fall last year and had a lot of weeds. I want to apply a grub killer, reseed the lawn and apply a herbicide to control weeds. I know some cannot be applied at the same time. Please advise on the best time to apply each without effecting the effectiveness of each

0

Grubs work their way down into the soil to spend the winter months and don't move back up until the ground warms up in the summer months so wait to apply grub control products when the grubs are most vulnerable. If you plan to reseed your lawn, you'll want to do that first, waiting to apply herbicide after the lawn is about 6 weeks old. At that time the roots will be well established and able to tolerate the herbicide application. April is a good time to overseed, early summer you can apply your weed control product and grub control can be applied in late summer. By this time next year you should have a thick weed free turf with no grubs.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "