Citrus Psyllids - Knowledgebase Question

Mission Viejo, Ca
Question by rbnwst
What is the best way to reduce or eliminate damage from the citrus Psyllid? I am especially concerned about the Bacteria they can bring.

I hope your citrus trees are not playing hosts to the Asian Citrus Psyllid. If they are, you need to report your location to the California Department of Food and Agriculture hotline at 800/491-1899 or contact your local agricultural commissioner (Rick Le Feuvre, 1750 Douglass Road Bldg D, Anaheim , CA, 92806). The psyllids are such a threat to California crops that the USDA will inspect your trees. If it is determined that your tree has the psyllid, steps to eradicate the pest would take place, which may include using chemical and/or biological control agents. If your citrus tree has the disease, it will be removed in order to protect other citrus trees on your property and within the state. At this moment there are no controls available to homeowners so I would strongly recommend you contact agricultural department.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Peonies"