Vegetables and Flowers - Knowledgebase Question

palm harbor, Fl
Question by courtneyboye
I want to start planting some more flowers and veggies this spring. I know I want to plant cucumbers, tomatoes, and some herbs. What are pretty and easliy grown plants to grow in central florida while still being on a budget? thanks!

0

Growing from seeds is always less expensive than purchasing plants so check the seed racks at your local garden center and you'll find dozens and dozens of possibilities. Many herbs are annuals so you'll find seeds for them as well. Some easy to grow flowers include marigolds, Alyssum (Lobularia maritima), Cornflower (Centaurea cyanus), Cosmos, Snapdragons, Flowering tobacco (Nicotiana species),
Forget-me-not (Myosotis sylvatica), Four o-clock (Mirabalis jalapa), Hollyhock (Alcea rosea), Johnny-jump-up (Viola tricolor), Larkspur (Consolida ambigua),
Morning Glory (Ipomoea tricolor), Moss Rose (Portulaca grandiflora),
Poppies (Papaver species), Spider flower (Cleome hasslerana), and Zinnia. You'll find growing requirements on the seed packages so make sure the plants you choose will thrive in the sunny or shady spot you have in mind. Enjoy your colorful garden!

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Tithonia diversifolia"